Similar to our other diagnostic equipment, ultrasound imaging gives us the ability to identify problems more quickly, avoid surgery, and discover hidden problems for further testing. We believe strongly in the importance of having these diagnostic technologies on site to care for your pet.
Used in adjunct or as an alternative to x-ray imaging, ultrasound imaging is non-invasive and pain free. The high frequency waves that are sent through your pet’s tissues return as echoes, allowing the technology to then produce a highly accurate image.
Winnetka Animal Hospital’s ultrasound system has a plethora of uses for our veterinarians, including:
- Providing a closer and more detailed look at soft tissue, fluid compartments, and organs
- Identifying and measuring tumors
- Examining areas of infection
- Spotting subtle changes in the appearance of organs and tissues
- Assisting in guided biopsies
- Identifying urinary stones
- Collecting sterile urine samples
This tool provides tremendous benefits to our diagnostics and your pet. If you have any questions or think your pet needs an ultrasound, call us at (847) 441-7474.