Preventative Pet Health
At Winnetka Animal Hospital, we stress the importance of an annual checkup, internal organ function screening and routine heartworm, flea, and tick prevention. We have taken the time to develop wellness protocols for each stage of your pet’s life. Preventative healthcare helps us to identify and treat conditions as they emerge and before they progress to a life threatening stage. Providing a healthy, full life for your pet is the top priority at Winnetka Animal Hospital. The best way to ensure the health of your pet is to bring them in for regular examinations.
Our annual exams are comfortable and simple, following these steps:
- Greeting you and your pet
- Taking your pet’s vital readings
- Questions relating to your pet’s health (eating habits, exercise etc)
- Routine parasite and heartworm testing. Wellness bloodwork is recommended for patients over the age of 2 years.
- Ensure your pet is up to date on their vaccinations
These easy steps are a low-stress and effective way to maintain control of your pet’s health. Call (847) 441-7474 to schedule an annual checkup today!